Translate

Sunday, April 13, 2014

A-Lin - 給我一個理由忘記 Gei Wo Yi Ge Li You Wang Ji

Hello, world!
I'm back again.
This time, my post will be about her.
A song that is a big hit until now, also considered as one of her best song
This song is sung by A-Lin.


A-Lin

File:A-lin 2010.jpg
Album cover
Which was released on 2010, and is still a hit.
I personally don't have anything much to say about this song, though. It's just good to listen, and I always sing this song on karaoke when I go with my friends.
This song is one of my favorites! To people who knew this song, you may consider that I am late, but at least, better than never, right?
Here's the music video of this song:
給我一個理由忘記 (Gei Wo Yi Ge Li You Wang Ji) music video

This song, is also her signature hit until now. She joined the third season of 我是歌手 (I Am A Singer) and performed this song in the first episode. She is already famous with the nickname 天生歌姬, meaning "A Born Diva", but is more famous after she participated in that show, even though she came in sixth place.

Here is the lyrics. Thanks to the site that I credit below, which provided the lyrics translation. I basically know what this song is about, but the translation makes me know the song better.

Enjoy!

Song title: 給我一個理由忘記
Song title Pinyin: Gei Wo Yi Ge Li You Wang Ji
Song title Meaning: Give Me A Reason To Forget
作詞:鄔裕康
作曲:游政豪
Singer: A-Lin / Huang Li Ling (黃麗玲)
Lyrics translation provided by http://www.jpopasia.com/lyrics/40905/a-lin-huang/gei-wo-yi-ge-li-you-wang-ji.html


雨都停
Yu dou ting le
The rain has stopped,
這片天灰什麼呢
Zhe pian tian hui shen me ne
but why is the sky still painted such a grey?
我還記得
Wo hai ji de
I still remember, 
你說我們要快樂
Ni shuo wo men yao kuai le
you said we have to be happy 
深夜裡的腳步聲 總是刺耳
Shen ye li de jiao bu sheng zong shi ci er
In the dead of night, the sound of footsteps is deafening 
害怕寂寞
Hai pa ji mo
I am afraid of loneliness,
就讓狂歡的城市陪我關燈
Jiu rang kuang huan de cheng shi pei wo guan deng
which is why I choose to drown myself in the hectic city lights

*
只是哪怕周圍再多人
Zhi shi na pa zhou wei zai duo ren
even when I am surrounded by people
感覺還是一個人
Gan jue hai shi yi ge ren
I feel so alone
每當我笑了
Mei dang wo xiao le
Even when I smile,
心卻狠狠的哭著
Xin que hen hen de ku zhe
I can feel my heart sobbing

[Chorus]
給我一個理由忘記
Gei wo yi ge li you wang ji
Give me a reason to forget
那麼愛我的你
Na me ai wo de ni
just how much you have loved me
給我一個理由放棄
Gei wo yi ge li you fang qi
Give me a reason to give up
當時做的決定
Dang shi zuo de jue ding
on the decision I made once upon a time
有些愛越想抽離 卻越更清晰
You xie ai yue xiang chou li que yue geng qing xi
Sometimes, the more one tries to pull away (from a relationship), the clearer it becomes
而最痛的距離 是你不在身邊
Er zui tong de ju li shi ni bu zai shen bian
The most painful distance is, when you are not by my side, 
卻在我的心裡
Que zai wo de xin li
yet still in my heart

當我走在 去過的每個地方
Dang wo zou zai qu guo de mei ge di fang
When I go to, the places that we have been
總會聽到 你那最自由的笑
Zong hui ting dao ni na zui zi you de xiao
I still hear the lingering of your carefree laughter
當我回到 一個人住的地方 
Dang wo hui dao yi ge ren zhu de di fang
When I go back to, the place that I now live alone
最怕看到 冬天你最愛穿的那件外套
Zui pa kan dao dong tian ni zui ai chuan de na jian wai tao
I fear seeing that favorite winter coat of yours

Repeat * and Chorus

我找不到理由忘記
Wo zhao bu dao li you wang ji
I cannot find the reason to forget
大雨裡的別離
Da yu li de bie li
the farewell we had in the rain
我找不到理由放棄
Wo zhao bu dao li you fang qi
I cannot find the reason to give up
我等你的決心
Wo deng ni de jue xin
on the decision to wait for you
有些愛越想抽離 卻越更清晰
You xie ai yue xiang chou li que yue geng qing xi
Sometimes, the more one tries to pull away (from a relationship), the clearer it becomes
而最痛的距離 是你不在身邊
Er zui tong de ju li shi ni bu zai shen bian
The most painful distance is, when you are not by my side, 
卻在我的心裡
Que zai wo de xin li
yet still in my heart
我想你
Wo xiang ni
I miss you


Credits:
  • The lyric pinyin credit goes to: http://www.chineselyrics4u.com/2011/01/lin-gei-wo-yi-ge-li-you-lin.html
  • Music video courtesy goes to Avex Records. Click here to go to the company's YouTube channel
  • The English Translation of the lyrics credit goes to: http://www.jpopasia.com/lyrics/40905/a-lin-huang/gei-wo-yi-ge-li-you-wang-ji.html

No comments:

Post a Comment