Translate

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Jeannie Hsieh 謝金燕 - 嗶嗶嗶 Bi Bi Bi (Beep Beep Beep)

Hello!
This post will be about another hit of Jeannie Heish, Bi Bi Bi (嗶嗶嗶).
I wrote Jie Jie before in this blog, so it's incomplete if I didn't write this song. So here it is!

People definitely knew Jeannie Hsieh (謝金燕) since she is famous for upbeat dance songs. This song is one of her most popular hit until now, although this song and the album was released about 3-4 years ago.

Jeannie Hsieh (謝金燕)

However, I think that this song is really, really, really a piece.
Why?
Because there are 4 (four) languages in it. English, Mandarin, Hokkien, and Cantonese. Zhuyin is also included in this song for the O-E-O sound.
And, she wrote the lyrics for this song HERSELF, in all 4 languages. Oh, my, God. Imagine that! She wrote a hit. Success! Great, isn't it?
But who would have thought that she's almost 40? If you look at the music video, you would think that it's a 20-going-to-30 woman singing. No, you're wrong. She is STILL hot and gorgeous!
And no wonder she is known as "電音女神", until now. since of course, most of her popular songs are electro-pop, dance pop, and upbeat. One of them is this song. (電音女神 in English means: Electronic music Goddess)


Below is the music video (also the KTV version) of this song.



It's lyrics time again! This time, I have a TOTAL trouble translating the song, so I asked this buddy (again) to translate the Cantonese part of the song. I'm not good at it, though.

But now I get what the song is really about. In my opinion, this song is basically about one girl dancing in the dancefloor for the whole night, dancing until drop and called by the police. The Beep Beep Beep is the sound of a whistle. She knows that her partner kissed her that night, so thinks that her partner is good.
(Correct me if I'm wrong)

And sorry, no pinyin. For me, this song is fun but way too complicated. However, the translation is more important though. Haha.

Okay, so here's the lyrics.
Sorry if the translation is not the best. Enjoy!



Song title: 嗶嗶嗶
Song title Pinyin: Bi Bi Bi
Song title meaning: Beep Beep Beep

作詞:謝金燕
粵語詞:Jeannie
作曲:呂曉棟
編曲:Sebas


(Verse 1)
(Cantonese)
我亂跳舞 今夜冠軍是我
I dance randomly; The champion tonight is me.
午夜太長 給我激動更高
The long night, makes me more excited.
你嗶我嗶 High到ㄡˇㄧㄡˇㄧ Let's go *
You beep I beep, high until O-E-O-E, let's go.*

I wanna kiss you you are my girl

你亂開心 似有三萬呎高
You smile randomly, like you’re 30,000 feet high.
有警察將你 帶走怎算好
Will you let the police, take you away?
你嗶我嗶 High到ㄡˇㄧㄡˇㄧ Let's go *
You beep I beep, high until O-E-O-E, let's go.*

I wanna kiss you you are my girl

嗶嗶嗶嗶嗶
Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep,
青春已未夠數
There’s not enough youth around,
嗶嗶嗶嗶嗶
Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep,
要跳更高
to jump higher.
我今夜同你帶路 一齊快樂
I lead the way with you tonight, happy together,
就算是盲目的感動 只有一千秒鐘
Even with the blind sensation, there’s only a thousand seconds.
你今夜給我吻過 就屬你最好
You kissed me tonight; In this case, you’re the best,
嗶嗶嗶嗶嗶 有你最好
Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep; Having you is the best.


(Verse 2)
(Mandarin + Hokkian)
你的舞步 跳出你的態度
Your dance step represents your attitudes.
才九點鐘 Everybody失控
It's just 9 PM, Everybody are losing control.
你嗶我嗶 High到ㄡˇㄧㄡˇㄧ Let's go *
You beep I beep, high until O-E-O-E, let's go.*

I wanna kiss you you are my girl

誰的老母 性感很多人CALL
Whose mother is that? She's so sexy, until many people call her.
十二點鐘 擱在夜店流浪
12 o'clock, still wandering at the nightclub.
你嗶我嗶 High到ㄡˇㄧㄡˇㄧ Let's go *
You beep I beep, high until O-E-O-E, let's go.*

I wanna kiss you you are my girl

嗶嗶嗶嗶嗶 老師不通阻擋
Beep beep beep beep beep, don't stop the teacher.
嗶嗶嗶嗶嗶 像彈力球
Beep beep beep beep beep, like a bouncing ball.
我愛你愛我的角度 甜蜜誘惑
Our love corners, sweet temptations.
跟謝金燕妹妹尬舞 使人這呢感動
With Jeannie Hsieh, dancing is sensational.
你愛我愛你的熱度 送你ㄡˇㄧㄡˇ
Our love heat, give you o-e-o-
嗶嗶嗶嗶嗶 像著了魔
Beep beep beep beep beep, like possessed.

(Cantonese)
我今夜同你帶路 一齊快樂
I lead the way with you tonight, happy together,
就算是盲目的感動 只有一千秒鐘
Even with the blind sensation, there’s only a thousand seconds.
你今夜給我吻過 就屬你最好
You kissed me tonight; In this case, you’re the best,
嗶嗶嗶嗶嗶 有你最好
Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep; Having you is the best.



* Note: O-E-O-E is written in Zhuyin (注音), means the ambulance sounds, so the lyrics means dancing until drop, until being called by the police. The Beep Beep Beep part represents the sound of a whistle.


Credits:
(Lyrics translated by Tony and Mr. K.C. DO NOT COPY THE TRANSLATION. If you want to copy the translation, please credit both of us.)

(Thanks to YouTube user mhung1967 for uploading the KTV version of this song for sing-along)

(Jeannie's photo credit goes to this site)

No comments:

Post a Comment